Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hotcake Hustle 2013

Rise and shine its Hotcake Hustle day!




My kids and I started this morning off at 5:30am getting ready for our big race.



Some of our kiddos found the Run on Chicken for a photo-op!
 






My boy rounding the corner to the finish line for their Fun Run!












My Girly the Fun Run finisher!!



Our crazy groups photo's ops!






Meeting up with other #13in2013 members!!!
 
 

We even ran in to the Crazy Chicken!!
 
 
So at 8:30am we were off right on time; one of my running buddies it was her first 5K and she decided to 'hangout' with me, which was great motivation.


I ended up running for the first 1.40 miles, which was a personal best for me! (even hitting an slight uphill disadvantage). Rounding the course corner we started running again, and my next goal was to make it to the water station. For the rest of the way it was interval walk/jogging for me, my stomach started getting upset (I think from the water) and then my left quad started cramping up - oh boy..

So as I continued we started seeing the 10K runner hitting back on the course WOW what extra motivation, I pushed myself to the end...
 
 
LOL I look like I'm in pain.... better enhance my 'look' for the next race. HA HA
 


My Nike+ race map.

 
 
Official timings -
37:39min
Division Place: 49/90
Overall Place: 754/1119
Gender Place: 376/648

 
I feel really good about my placements, not to bad I might say for my 4th 'official' 5K race. 

No comments:

Post a Comment